Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Clarisonic Mia 2! (Two Week Impression)




Hey dolls!

If you've ever attempted to keep up with the latest skincare trends or even casually browsed around Sephora or Ulta, you know about Clarisonic! Just in case you haven't heard, Clarisonic is a face brush that uses sonic motion (think sonic toothbrush) to deeply cleanse your skin. This little guy make a lot of claims to fame. The clarisonic claims to shrink pore size, improve skin texture, eradicate fine lines and wrinkles. The biggest claim that probably grab peoples' attention is that it removes your makeup 6 times more effectively than manual cleansing, and removes air pollutants from your skin 30 times more effectively than manual cleansing. 

I've been eyeing the clarisonic literally FOR YEARS. What turned me off was the steep price for this device. As a graduation present, my sister blessed me with a Clarisonic Mia 2! The Mia two is the smaller of the different models they have. The difference between the original Mia and the Mia 2 is that the former only has one speed while the latter has two speeds. My clarisonic Mia 2 came with a sensitive brush head, a cashmere luxe brush, and the Kate Somerville gentle daily wash (value exclusive to QVC), and of course, the charger and the travel case. 

*not pictured: pLink charger* 



Before I get into the review, I should give you a brief background on my skin. When I was little, I used to have SUPER dry skin all the way up until my sophomore or junior year in college. Now, I have combination skin. My nose area and the lower part of my forehead get oily, whereas the rest of my face is normal (starts to get dry if I go too long without exfoliating).

*This review is based on washing my face with the Clarisonic twice a day on the lowest speed with the sensitive brush head* 

First impression:
When I washed my face in the morning with my clarisonic, I noticed that my skin was SIGNIFICANTLY softer, and I noticed that it looked immediately smoother. As the day progressed, I realized that my nose area slowed down the production of oil. Usually, without any type of oil controlling product, my nose will start producing oil within an hour, and it will be oil slick by the second hour. After I used my clarisonic, I noticed minimum oiliness around 3:00pm, and I washed my face at 10:00am! 

End of week 1:
Others notice that my skin appears smoother and more clear. I have these weird tiny, fine bumps on my face that you can't really notice until you are (uncomfortably) close to me. I've had these bumps for as long as I can remember. After just a week, some of them seem to just disappear around my temples. Although they are not completely gone in other areas, it's promising that they are diminishing! 

Week 2:
A couple days ago, I started experiencing very small breakouts. To be completely honest, I am not completely sure if this the "purging phase" because these breakouts could be from switching moisturizers. If you haven't seen other Clarisonic reviews, many users go through a "purging phase." The "purging phase" results from the deep cleansing of the clarisonic. It's getting all of the gross things from deep inside your pores and bringing them to the surface, which could make you break out. It's the same result if you have ever used a detoxifying facial cleanser or treatment; it gets worse before it gets better. The breakouts I've gotten so far are so small, they're not enough to complain about, and are gone in a day or two. 

Another noticeable difference is my pore size. My pores aren't the largest, but I could notice they're there on my nose and the area on my face directly next to my nose as well (where I get oily the most). I saw a difference in my pore size within a week, and they are continuing to shrink on my nose. (I wish I took pictures!) 

Overall, I have seen a difference in texture  and pore size. Do I think it's worth the price? Abso-freakin-lutely! My face is so much softer and smoother. Since, I'm in my early 20's, it is important to me to start investing in my skin and really taking care of it. I've used cheaper alternatives to the Clarisonic (Neutrogena Wave and DDF 400x Revolve), and nothing made my skin feel so soft so quickly! Please don't let the "purging phase" scare you away from the Clarisonic! Some users  experience very small, mild breakouts if they experience a purging phase at all. 

I completely understand that the Clarisonic Mia 2 is expensive (and the second cheapest of the types of Clarisonic models available), but QVC makes it easier to obtain. You can pay for the Clarisonic in easy payments that vary upon the model you want, and sometimes they come with a cleanser as well and/or a replacement brush head (as mine did). 

Do you have a Clarisonic or want one? How do like it? I will do a post comparing my Clarisonic Mia 2 and my DDF 400X Revolve in the very near future! Until later loves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment