Thursday, June 5, 2014

Soft Special Occasion Makeup


Hi Lovelies!
No time, no see! So much has happened between my last post in October...just kidding. Mainly research papers, endless reading assignments, my birthday...oh yeah, and this happened!


That's right, I graduated from college! I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology! Although it happened a month ago, it's still a blur, and it's still hard to believe that it actually happened! Starting off as a chemical engineering major four years ago, I never thought I would see the day! 

Now that it's officially summer, I have more time to commit to my blog..before I start grad school that is...I thought it would be fun to do a tutorial on the look. Here is a close up of the makeup I wore for graduation:

(Check the gown in the back!) 





I wanted my makeup to be soft, but noticeable in pictures. I turned to my trusty Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, soft blush, and subtle highlighting (no contouring). This look is SUPER easy, beginner-friendly, and appropriate for any occasion. This look is soft and neutral enough to wear for everyday as well. I love the very subtle shimmer (for lack of a better word) on the lid to add dimension. Enough rambling! Here is what I did to achieve this look:

1. Prep your lids with an eye shadow primer. I used Urban Decay Primer Potion in the original formula.

2. Take the shade Liar (my favorite shade Ever in life) from the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette with a flat shader brush, and sweep all over the lid.


3. Next, take a fluffy crease brush and work the the shade Nooner (which is my favorite matte shade in the palette) into your crease. Using a fluffy brush will make the transition from your lid to your crease look soft and seamless. If you want a more defined look, use a tapered crease brush, and blend out any harsh edges with a blending brush. 


4. Lastly, apply the color Strange underneath your eyebrow with any fluffy brush to highlight. That's all for the eye shadow!



5. Line your eyes as desired, apply your favorite mascara, and you're done! 

Here are some additional products I used to complete my look:

Face:
Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector
Make Up Forever Mat Velvet+ in Coffee 75
MAC Studio Finish concealer in NC50
MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Dark
MAC Powder Blush in Desert Rose 
LORAC TANtalizer Baked Bronzer (Beautiful highlight for dark skin)

Eyes (additional products):
Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Eyeliner 
Benefit They're Real! Mascara
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Perversion 
Ardell Brow Defining Powder in Mink Brown

Lips:
Lush Honey Trap Lip Balm 
NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Brown
MAC Viva Glam V lipstick

Brushes:
Coastal Scents 22 Piece Brush Set
Beauty Blender Sponge 

When I went out to celebrate that night, I simply touched up my makeup and used a bright pink lip (MAC Candy Yum Yum + MAC Magenta lip liner). 

(Not the best quality, but you get the idea) 

I hope that this is helpful and informative! What are some of your favorite looks for special occasions? Do you go bold, or tone it down with soft neutrals? Until next time loves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment